Following on from my last blog the first couple of weeks of January 2017 has been busy! I’m not a New Year resolutions kinda gal but I’ve already made so many changes this year, out of necessity, and there will be more to come. My relationship of 5 years is over, in a future blog I will try to relay the emotional effect of this, but this blog is about the practicalities and what I’ve achieved in a short space of time.
After sleepless nights and worrying about how I’m going to live the rest of my life I decided to focus on the here and now and worry about 10 – 15 years at a later date. The OH and I agreed on my financial share (we had a legal agreement when I moved in) unfortunately it’s not enough to buy a house outright and at 57 without a “proper” job there is no way I’d get a mortgage.
In the last week:
- I’ve found and secured a rental house, in a perfect position equidistant from my Dad, eldest daughter and my best friend, 30 minutes closer to my youngest daughter who could almost pass my door on her journey to work. It over looks fields some lovely new territory for Rufus and I.
- I’ve bought a bed, bedding and a dining table.
- I’ve began sorting my belongings.
- I’ve organised a van for moving my stuff.
- I’ve got the girls lined up to help with “things” like the internet & deliveries.
- I’ve started to plan how to increase my massage business income and I’ve got an interview for a part-time job, an essential to ensure I can continue to live!!
It is amazing what you can achieve when you have to, all helped with great family and friends and a couple of constants are helping me through my massage work and my online gym
This post contains affiliate links.